Household Hazardous Waste

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

recycle-hhwHousehold hazardous waste is any hazardous waste generated incidental to owning or maintaining a residence, including paints, solvents, varnishes, acids, flammables, acrylics and resins. The most affordable and convenient way for Union City residents to dispose of these wastes is to take them to a Household Hazardous Waste drop-off facility.

There are two HHW facilities located in Southern Alameda County, Fremont and Hayward. For more information you can also visit the Alameda County Household Hazardous Waste Website.

Alameda County Household Hazardous Waste Website

 Fremont Drop-off Facility   Hayward Drop-off Facility 
41149 Boyce Road
Fremont, CA
(800) 606-6606
Wed. thru Friday - 9:00 am to 2:30 pm        
Saturday - 9 am to 4:00 pm 
2091 West Winton Avenue
Hayward, CA
(800) 606-6606
Friday - 9 am to 2:30 pm
Saturday - 9 am to 4 pm


What You Can Drop Off 

Paint Adhesives Auto Garden Miscellaneous
Stain Putty Fuel Sprays Propane
Shellac Caulk Waxes Fertilizers Pool Chemicals
Solvents Epoxy Batteries Ant Traps Photo Chemicals
Thinners Mortar Additives Pesticides Acids/ Caustics
Additives Stucco Motor Oil Herbicides Household Batteries
Oil Paint Cement Oil Filters Rat Poison Bleach/Cleaners
Latex Paint Wood Glue Antifreeze Gopher Bait Fluorescent Bulbs


What You CAN'T Drop Off 
Asbestos, explosives, railroad ties, radioactive materials, medical waste, most compressed gasses, computer monitors, CRTs and TVs, computers, radios, stereos and electronic equipment. 

For information on the proper disposal of these materials, contact the Alameda County Recycling Hotline toll-free at 1-877-STOPWASTE or visit