Clipper on Union City Transit
Clipper is an all-in-one transit card that keeps track of any passes and cash value that you load onto it, while applying all applicable fares, discounts and transfer rules. This lets you customize your card for your own transit needs. A Clipper card makes boarding faster, eliminates the need to carry exact change, and can be registered for added protection in case it’s lost.
You may use Clipper on most public transit services all over the San Francisco Bay Area, including BART and AC Transit.
Get Your Clipper Card
You can purchase Clipper Cards, load Clipper “Cash Value” and/or 31-day passes at the following locations
1. Clipper Customer Service:
Call 877-878-8883 or visit www.clippercard.com
2. Nearby Retail Locations:
- Union City City Hall, 34009 Alvarado- Niles Road, Union City (510-675-5407)
- Penny Wireless, 34675 Alvarado-Niles Road, Union City. (510-471-4793)
- Lucky Check Cashing #6, 31854 Alvarado Blvd., Union City (510-489-2121)
- Walgreens #2366, 3860 Decoto Road, Fremont. (510-793-9798)
- Union City BART station vending machines (Load Clipper “cash value” only. Does not sell Clipper Cards or 31-day passes)
To view all Clipper retail locations, please visit: Clipper Retail Locations
Using Clipper on Union City Transit
Clipper Transfers on Union City Transit
Clipper allows one free transfer within the Union City Transit system, (Union City Transit bus to Union City Transit bus) within 90 minutes.
Transfers to/from other Transit Agencies using the Clipper Card
If you are transferring to another transit agency that accepts Clipper, you do not need a paper transfer. Clipper will automatically calculate the applicable transfer discount.
Currently, Union City Transit Clipper supports transfers from the following transit agencies including:
- AC Transit (with a $0.25 surcharge). You must have at least $0.25 of Clipper-Cash on your Clipper Card and have transferred within 90 minutes.
- Dumbarton Express (with a $0.25 surcharge). You must have at least $0.25 of Clipper-Cash on your Clipper Card and have transferred within 90 minutes.
- BART (with a $0.50 cent surcharge). You must have at least $0.50 of Clipper-Cash on your Clipper Card and have transferred within 90 minutes.
Please note that if you do not transfer to a Union City Transit bus within 90 minutes, you will be ineligible for the transfer discount and will be charged the full Clipper Cash fare.